28 Apr Winning Government as your first Client: In conversation with Gowtham, founder Kaiinos
Winning Government as your first Client
CIE brings to our Deeptech community,
Fire Up Founder Insights series 3rd edition, hosted by our COO, Mr. Ramesh Loganathan. The series is brought to you as a part of Startup Gyan Blog series by CIE-IIITH where we feature our founders and talk about their Startup status and the journey so far through conversation on specific topics useful for other Deeptech startups and the community at large.
In Conversation with Gowtham, founder Kaiinos:
Driven by the purpose of Environmental conservation and having worked on issues like Urbanisation, Agriculture and Migration, Kaiinos is a team that has strong research experience, put to use in building GIS applications for mobile, web and desktop. The Startup offer cloud based data logging platform, SDIs to enable enterprises to achieve better efficiency and upscale the operations into virgin geographies along with capture all the information that flows into a system from multiple sources and get meaningful insights.
“The vision is to build a commercial entity that could provide spatially intelligent solutions to Government thereby enhancing the efficiency of Economics of Scale in these areas”
The Startup deals with 2D, 3D with time as 4th dimension in some of the cases, for robust data model and data sets coming from irrigation, fibre optics, etc. and collect data through mounted-camera vehicles and drones. Some of the Government projects that the Startup has done include Mapping of Western Ghats and Mapping Water bodies in Telangana.
Reaching out to Government :
- Reach out to people directly involved in the ground work
- Connect with Academic or Research institutions to get contacts and meetings quickly
- Be persistent in reaching out and following up, because it’s the Government and it takes time, more than usual customers
- Get referrals from other enterprises, or get your client to refer you. Use your Network!
- Research based solutions are preferred to improve efficiency of existing systems
- Present your research at Conferences, conduct workshops and network to get leads
- Be ready to tailor your product or service
“Once you get the contract, it will be long-term and cash flow would be smooth”
The Growth Hack tip:
Have a Diversified portfolio with different revenue streams, be flexible and ready-to-customize.
Keep watching this space for more under Fire Up Series.
Stay safe and sound!
– Sunita Kumari, Team CIE
SailajaPosted at 07:54h, 30 April
Useful guidelines, built confidence on my approach