CIE brings to our Deeptech community,
Fire Up Founder Insights series 3rd edition, hosted by our COO, Mr. Ramesh Loganathan. The series is brought to you as a part of Startup Gyan Blog series by CIE-IIITH where we feature our founders and talk about their Startup status and the journey so far through conversation on specific topics useful for other Deeptech startups and the community at large.
In Conversation with Abhishek, founder Rayd8:
Started as a team with underlying motivation to work towards solving problems around diabetes, Rayd8 is now enabling healthcare centres to respond to early diabetic eye-care screening needs through deploying Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Robotics. The team has accomplished to partner with 20+ specialists across 3 specialisation, 200K+ proprietary image labels & 1 million +Data points by Super specialists and offers AI based detection and disease progression monitoring along with edge enabled hand-held screening devices for Eye-care.
“Our initial idea was that world will change when we have AI that can predict if there is Diabetic retinopathy or not”
The idea was countered with a question as why do we need AI to do this when doctors are there and hence
- Ask questions such as What value does your AI add, how and in what form
- Expand your landscape to get more problem statements and also to validate the existing ones – See how big is a problem and how many problems are there
- Insights come when someone is upfront and show how your solution will work in the real world scenario
- Be in touch with research academia through papers/publications coming in and out-of-country
The team is now working closely with Doctors and researchers, on early symptoms of COVID-19 through multiple data points using medical imaging AI that they have already built.
Action points after spotting the opportunity:
- Tried to verify the opportunity or problem statement through your own research
- Connected with Experts – Doctors, Academicians etc. to do feasibility check
- Connected with District level health officials to implement the solutions faster
- Got validation and trials registered with ICMR
- Reached out to fellow entrepreneurs working on Voice and imaging technology for more insights and iterations to get better results
The Growth Hack tip:
Be the person who understand and can change as per the market trends.
“Be fast and don’t quit until that one good day which is your day”
Check out the video for more quirks!
Keep watching this space for more under Fire Up Series.
Stay safe and sound!
– Sunita Kumari, Team CIE