05 May Discovering Lateral Markets: In conversation with Paresh, founder Vaave
Discovering Lateral Markets
CIE brings to our Deeptech community,
Fire Up Founder Insights series 4th edition, hosted by our COO, Mr. Ramesh Loganathan. The series is brought to you as a part of Startup Gyan Blog series by CIE-IIITH where we feature our founders and talk about their Startup status and the journey so far through conversation on specific topics useful for other Deeptech startups and the community at large.
In Conversation with Paresh, founder Vaave:
Vaave started with the problem statement dealing with the gap between what employers look for, the skills needed at job, and what students learn at School/Colleges.
“Employability is a challenge for Indian Education System”
It is an age-old fact that real learning doesn’t happen through classes or subjects but it happens through experience(learning by doing) and sharing it with others. Vaave focussed its solution to the latter part and developed a platform and framework for learning with the Alumni.
Vaave is one-stop solution for all the alumni networking needs. The interactive alumni portals come with features required to manage alumni relations seamlessly while keeping them engaged & happy. The Startup offers to build the alumni community for both Institutions and Corporates.
Tracking and exploring lateral markets:
- Reaching out to your Network
- Identify the profile of your best customers and then target prospective customers with similar profile
- Use cases might not always be directly seen and hence exploring different segments is important
- Look for collaboration or partnership to build customized solutions leveraging strengths of partners
- Positioning the company in best interest of target customers during initial years would help
- Be in touch with your customers consistently, Listen to them as they have a holistic thinking while giving feedback
- Bouncing ideas to all the relevant people in your network
The startup is conducting webinar series for students during lockdown for helping them with their employment options and upskilling. The startups enjoys the benefits from strategic partnerships and the ecosystem around.
“Alumni networking is a fundamental way of sharing knowledge and has unexplored use cases”
The Growth Hack tip:
Ask for references from existing customers, you have already sold it to them and they are the best ones to promote your Startup.
Watch the complete interview for some cool anecdotes and fun facts!
Keep watching this space for more under Fire Up Series.
Stay safe and sound!
– Sunita Kumari, Team CIE