Application for Startup India Recommendation
IIIT-H Foundation is one of the incubators authorised by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Govt. of India, to “Recommend” a startup for availing the benefits under Startup India Action Plan
Definition of a Startup
An entity shall be considered a “Startup” if it satisfies the following conditions:
It should be a Private Limited Company (including a One Person Company) or Registered Partnership Firm or Limited Liability Partnership and should further satisfy the following criteria:
- Should not be more than 5 years from the date of its incorporation/ registration, and
- If its turnover for any of the financial years has not exceeded INR 25 crore, and
- It is working towards innovation, development, deployment or commercialisation of new products, processes or services driven by technology or intellectual property.
- The entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstruction of a business already in existence or created as subsidiary of an existing company or foreign entities.
- A proprietorship or a public limited company is not eligible as startup.
Startups applying for recommendation will need to pay a non refundable assessment fee as mentioned below.
- Startup in AI &
- Robotics and
- AR/VR space
- Startup currently
- incubated at
- Other Research and
- based startups